Central Victorian Cardiology attend Castlemaine community district health to run Pacemaker clinics every six months. The clinics are held on a Thursday and are attended by Cardiologist Dr Joris Mekel.
The pacemaker clinic service includes the evaluation and interrogation of pacemakers, LOOP recorders and defibrillators that have been implanted in patients. Patients who have assigned remote home monitors will also be followed up with routine scheduling of checks. Pacemaker checks are performed by cardiac technologists with Dr Mekel available on site for further evaluation and assessment.
Who is eligible?
Our service welcomes any patient who has an implanted pacemaker device. In order to attend the clinic, a referral from the patient’s cardiologist or general practitioner is required. We request an indefinite referral to the pacemaker clinic for ongoing care of the patient’s pacemaker.
What is the cost?
All services are Medicare bulk billed and there is no out of pocket cost associated to the patient.
How to get more information?
Appointments are made through Central Victorian Cardiology offices. To book an appointment, please contact Central Victorian Cardiology on 1300 900 428 or (03) 5434 3296
Facsimile and email enquiries can be sent through to: Fax- (03) 5434 3331 or Email: email@example.com
General patient information
For all cardiac testing procedures:
- Bring your referral with you
- Wear two piece clothing for all tests
- For exercise tests please bring deodorant and a towel. Wear comfortable walking shoes-not thongs or high heels
- Please shower or bathe prior to having monitors fitted
- Most tests are bulk billed so bring your Medicare or Veterans Affairs card with you
- You will be advised if there are any out of pocket expenses for any tests
- Please arrive early for your appointment
- All results are emailed or faxed back to the referring doctor. They are generally available within 72 hours of the test. Urgent reports will be faxed or emailed within 24 hours
Didn’t find what you were
Why not get in touch?