Community Health Nursing
The Community Health Nurse at CHIRP Community Health provides a range of services and supports to individuals with the aim of promoting healthy living and preventing ill health.
The Community Health Nurse can assist and support individuals with an on-going health condition, just been diagnosed with a health condition, want more information on health conditions or you are living with multiple health conditions. The Community Health Nurse can work to assist in identifying ways of reducing risk factors to achieve a healthier lifestyle, help understand the conditions, refer you to local support groups or networks as well as provide you with up to date information on your particular health concern.
The Community Health Nurse has provided assistance and support to people for:
- Managing asthma support for all age groups
- Cardiac assessments – one on one assessments to assess a person’s risk of cardiac problems and provide advice and resources to prevent or support you through cardiac problems
- Blood pressure monitoring, Holter monitor, ECG and cardiac care – based on GP referrals
- Sexual health support and information
- Men’s health issues
- Women’s health issues – including menopause support and information
- Dementia Support – the Community Health Nurse can assist to put you in contact with Dementia Australia and assist you with assessments and any other support you or a loved one may require
- Cancer, including skin cancer
- Paediatric Health
- Advice on community programs, activities and support groups
In addition to the Community Health Nurse’s support for individuals, the Community Health Nurse provides a range of support and training for the community.
- First Aid and CPR Training
- Defibrillator training
- Health Promotion
- Preparation for Puberty
- Making Friends With Worry
- Walking Groups
Who is eligible?
People of all ages are welcome, and we encourage self-referrals if you feel like you would benefit from this service. People are also able to referred by a general practitioner or another health practitioner, but a referral is not required to utilise this service.
What is the cost?
The cost for this service is $10.00 payable at the time of appointment. Should this fee stop you from using this service, please make this known to the receptionist.
How to get more information?
For more information or to arrange an appointment, please phone CHIRP Community Health on (03) 5479 1000. Alternatively, please complete the enquiry form below.
The Community Health nurse at CHIRP Community Health has a varied background in many different nursing areas and has a great understanding of the Mount Alexander Shire community. If you are looking for specific support in a specific health area that is not mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact CHIRP Community Health and request for the Community Health Nurse.
Didn’t find what you were
Why not get in touch?