What is this service?
Central Victorian Cardiology (CVC) is the largest private Cardiology Practice in central Victoria, situated within the St John of God Hospital Bendigo and also at 1 Hopwood St, Echuca.
CVC conduct a wide range of cardiac investigations, by fully qualified Cardiac Technologists.
CVC regularly visit clinics in Castlemaine, Kyneton, Heathcote, Kyabram, Cohuna, Kerang, Swan Hill and Deniliquin.
CVC attend the Castlemaine clinic, located at CHIRP Community Health, every Monday and every second Wednesday for cardiac testing procedures, including:
- Transthoracic Echocardiograms
- Pacemaker review clinics
- Holter Monitoring
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
Dr Tony Jackson also consults at Castlemaine every month.
Who is eligible?
In order to attend the clinic, a referral from the patient’s cardiologist or general practitioner is required.
What is the cost?
Most cardiac investigations are bulk billed, so patients are not out of pocket.
How to get more information?
Appointments for 24-hour Blood Pressure Monitors or Holtor Monitors can be made with the Community Health Care Nurse at CHIRP Community Health. To do so, please call reception on (03) 5479 1000.
All other appointments are made through Central Victorian Cardiology offices. To book an appointment, please contact Central Victorian Cardiology on 1300 900 428 or (03) 5434 3296
Facsimile and email enquiries can be sent through to:
- Fax: (03) 5434 3331
- Email: email@example.com
When making your appointment, you can request to be seen at CHIRP Community Health.
General patient information
For all cardiac testing procedures:
- Bring your referral with you.•Wear two piece clothing for all tests.
- For exercise tests please bring deodorant and a towel. Wear comfortable walking shoes-not thongs or high heels.
- Please shower or bathe prior to having monitors fitted.
- Most tests are bulk billed so bring your Medicare or Veterans Affairs card with you.
- You will be advised if there are any out of pocket expenses for any tests.
- Please arrive early for your appointment.
- All results are emailed or faxed back to the referring doctor. They are generally available within 72 hours of the test. Urgent reports will be
- faxed or emailed within 24 hours
Didn’t find what you were
Why not get in touch?