30th April 2021
Latest updates on COVID-19 vaccination
- More Victorians are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination from Monday 3 May 2021.
People aged 50 years and over will be able to access the AstraZeneca vaccine at:
- General Practice Respiratory Clinics and state vaccination clinics (including high volume vaccination centres) from 3 May 2021.
- A participating general practice (GP) from 17 May 2021.
- Private sector residential aged care facility staff will be eligible to access state vaccination clinics from 3 May 2021.
- Public sector residential aged care staff already have access to state services and this continues.
- Residential aged care staff under 50 years of age should receive the Pfizer vaccine, and staff aged 50 and over should receive the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Current guidance for state vaccine clinics (as of 30 April 2021): Vaccine eligibility update
Vaccination Centre wait times
The following centres are open and accepting both bookings and walk-in appointments.
- Ballarat, Mercure Hotel and Convention Centre
- Bendigo, Bendigo Health
- Box Hill, Eastern Health
- Carlton, Royal Exhibition Building
- Epping, Northern Health
- Heidelberg Heights, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
- Melbourne CBD, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Norlane (Geelong), Former Ford Factory
- Shepparton, Shepparton Showgrounds
- St Albans, Sunshine Hospital
- Traralgon East, Traralgon Racecourse
- Wodonga, Wodonga Community Clinic
For more information about these centres visit high-volume vaccination centres.
The Department of Health is working with health services to identify more locations that offer open and convenient access for people, including walk-up capability.
People can book an appointment by calling the Victorian Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 – Select Option 3 – Option 2 – Option 2.
- Latest Newsletter (Authorised and published by the Victorian Government)
- High-volume vaccination centres