If you are experiencing homelessness call 1800 825 955 or contact us on 03 5479 1000 during business hours to learn about our services and programs.
As a member of the Loddon Campaspe Homelessness Alliance, a regional network of Specialist Homelessness Services, we assist people in the Mount Alexander Shire with:
- Information and advocacy referrals
- Housing focused case management
- Nominations for transitional accommodation
- Applications through the Victorian Housing Register for social housing
- Assistance to secure and/or sustain private rental through help with rent arrears, moving, bonds, rent in advance and tenancy advice
We are a State Government funded service that provides comprehensive case management to help people secure or sustain housing, while also providing support to address the intersecting issues that contribute to housing instability and homelessness, such as
- Financial difficulties
- Family violence
- Mental health issues
- Recurring homelessness, or inappropriate housing
We work closely with allied health service providers such as family support services, local council, mental health support services, GPs, the NDIS, the Office of Housing, as well as schools, police and other community stakeholders to ensure a holistic, person centered approach to case management.
Who is eligible?
This service is available for anyone located within the Mount Alexander Shire.
What is the cost?
This is a free service.
How can I get more information?
To access this service, call (03) 5479 1000. You will be offered an initial assessment with a member of our Intake team within 48 hours; for allocation to longer-term case management.
If you are a professional and would like to refer someone to this service, call reception (03) 5479 1000 and our Intake team will be in contact with you.