Health promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve their health.
CHIRP delivers many health promotion projects that aim to give everyone in the Mount Alexander Shire community the best chance of a healthy life by:
- supporting people to gain the skills and resources they need to be healthy,
- creating healthy places to live, learn, work and play
- working with the community to enable people to take action on the things that are important to them
- working in partnership with other organisations to promote health
Our current health promotion priority areas are:
- Healthy Eating and Oral Health – poor dental health in our shire is among the highest in state. You can read about it here
- Physical Activity The percentage of people who do not meet physical activity guidelines in our shire is among the highest in the state. You can read about it You can read about it here
- Prevention of violence against women – some police data for our shire is in this video here
- Mental Health and Wellbeing – data for our shire is here
Didn’t find what you were
Why not get in touch?